Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PICKS THIS WEEK - Valero Texas Open

Now that we've gotten the RBC Crapitage out of the way where absolutely nothing looked good, it's time for the Valero Texas Open, where things have changed.

Don't kid yourself, this is another fill-in tournament, but not for us.  There's money to be made.  Here are some of the cats I like this week:



1) Young money.  We all want it, but few can achieve it.  Bud Cauley has it all.  Imagine having insane raw talent, being rich, and playing golf for a living.  You're officially Bud Cauley.  Dude turned pro in 2011 and is currently ranked top 25 in scoring average and has played over 40 rounds this year so you know it's legit.  I can't get over how good this kid is for his age.  Like most youngsters, he's playing and traveling his ass off, but this is good.  Not to mention he went to the University of Alabama and is from Florida.  Dude is Southern and awesome.  Pay attention to him.  This week he beats the ever-loving shit out of fucking Ryan Moore.

Bud wins vs. Moore -125





2) Listen, I get it, to go against the defending champion is a legit risk.  But when that person is currently ranked 174 out of 182 in scoring average (I kid you not, look it up if you don't believe me; it's that bad) you simply have to take it.  Brian Gay, is without a doubt a terrible feeling every.  single.  time.  He went to the University of Florida.  And if you're from Tennessee, not only do you not acknowledge that these people exist, you hate them for no reason.  It's a weird relationship.  But it's real.  However, I can put aside bullshit for potential cash.  This week Brian Gay wins versus Brendan Steele.  Those fucking highlights and weak ass clubhead-driver speed pull it out.

Gay wins vs Steele -130




3)  This last one's killing me.  But, there's a great lesson to be learned here.  And that's: you should NEVER let your emotions dictate your money.  Because, I love Swedish golfers.  Fuck, one just won last week!  But there is one thing out there I love more than Sweden, and that's Southern America.  And guess where Matt Kuchar lives...  Yup, you guessed it, my former residence of Sea Island, Georgia.  Nothing beats this place when it comes to golf.  Nothing.  Having lived there for four years, I can't even begin to describe the level of golf culture this place has in its blood and water.  It's such a sub-culture.  And I desperately miss that.  All that being said, this week Matt Kuchar wins versus Fredrick Jacobson.

Kuch wins vs Jacobson -170


In honor of the tournament this weekend, I filled up my Swedish car with a shit ton of Valero Oil Gas today.  You're welcome, Valero.  Keep the tournament coming.  Now let's tee it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment